Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya all,

I need any help I can get so i don't make a stupid and costly mistake, so today I was looking and I found a 240Z for sale ofcourse for 4k$$ and this is what was posted:

1971, Datsun 240Z , 96K miles, $4,000 firm

Description :Competition 5 speed, engine turbo-charged, 300 hp, lowered, sway bars, 390 gears in rear-end, 16,000 miles on engine, needs restoration.

and I called this guy up today and asked him a few questions such as what kind of mod on his motor he had, its a L24 with a crown after market if any of you guys know what that is..
When I asked the dreaded question about RUST(yikes!) he said there was some under one of the flares. He has flares, which he said are falling off or something, not really to sure but anyways it also has a air dam and a rear spoiler he got some kit from preston or something, not sure didn't catch it . So he said the flares needed to be fixed and that it needed to be painted

so I need you guys to give me any advice on what i should look for etc.. I'm very excited with this car but don't want to make a mistake where i have to spend too much to fix it
Any advice would be appreciated
thanks again guys and Zya later
Yuichi
280Zx n/a
240Z (hoping;)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Hiya Yuichi,

$4K sounds a bit high for what sounds like a fixer upper. I would be wary about the quality of any performance mods and their installation quality, especially the turbo kit. The Crown kit is an old design from the early 70's, and unless it's been improved (they didn't originally have even wastegates), I would be very cautious.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.