ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,597 Posts
You can take out the fuse box and place a punch on one side of the rivet and flat punch on the other and hit it carefully with a hammer and this will tighten the rivet -- i find it easier than soldering. Good thing to clean all contacts -- I just use light sandpaper wrapped around a pencil and give it the Bill Clinton a few times. Also be sure to check your main connections and clean them up. Another thing to do is to run a wire from the positive battery post straight to the positive side of the altenator this will take some of the load off of the stock wire harness -- a bad connection is what causes the wires to get hot. If a fuse is bent but not blown that can be a good indication that there is a bad connection and the fuse has gotten hot. I hope this helps. Try the wire to the altenator I think it might save you a meltdown (may want to put a fuse in the line). Good luck

Ernest
> So, I have to put solder on each post? I
> thought I remember something about only
> putting solder on one side. Was that one
> side of each fuse, or one side of the box in
> general, or am I just confused??

> Thanks
> Chris

·
Registered
107,597 Posts
You can take out the fuse box and place a punch on one side of the rivet and flat punch on the other and hit it carefully with a hammer and this will tighten the rivet -- i find it easier than soldering. Good thing to clean all contacts -- I just use light sandpaper wrapped around a pencil and give it the Bill Clinton a few times. Also be sure to check your main connections and clean them up. Another thing to do is to run a wire from the positive battery post straight to the positive side of the altenator this will take some of the load off of the stock wire harness -- a bad connection is what causes the wires to get hot. If a fuse is bent but not blown that can be a good indication that there is a bad connection and the fuse has gotten hot. I hope this helps. Try the wire to the altenator I think it might save you a meltdown (may want to put a fuse in the line). Good luck

Ernest

> Thanks
> Chris

·
Registered
107,597 Posts
Check out this Web site Great info
<A HREF=http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2824/z.html>http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2824/z.html</A>
This tells what to do

> Thanks
> Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.