ZCar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone ever had this happen with front brake rotors....

I went to do a front brake job today on my 240z today and I believe I had the wrong rotors sent to me.

When I got the new rotor installed and went to put it back on it seemed to fit fine. The hub lined up fine with the rotor and it would slide over the spindle just fine. However, I could not get the calipers to go back on no matter what I did. At first, I thought I might not be getting the hub to seat correctly. Tried some different things to get it on and seated better and nothing seemed to work. I just couldn't gain the extra few mm's I needed. So, I put the old rotor back on using the same procedure and it worked/fit fine. I can't figure out what it might be other than the wrong rotor.

The crown of the new rotor is definitely taller than the old rotor, bit I didn't think much of it when I began doing the install. Figured the new stuff on the market will likely not be the same as older parts.

This is my first time doing a brake job on a 240z, but I have done them on other cars. Is it necessary to get a matched set of hubs and rotors?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like you must have incorrect rotors.

Don't know where you purchased your rotors, but I got mine from Rock Auto and replaced them on my 73 240Z last year with no problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts