ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 73 with a stock L-24 , I have installed a '79 ignition. The hesitation that I experience is at start from a stop , one more thing I have an auto trans. . I have set the valves, timing at 10 deg. new plugs , ballanced the carbs and set with a colur-tune. Could the flat spot be from the wrong vacume advance on the destributer , used ignition from a 79XT and I dont know if it was a stick or not . When I tested it , it showed ok. When I just accelerate normally is when this is noted and it feels as it is going to stall, if i mashthe throttle it runs fine and will pull to 4.5K .Any suggestions are apriceated. Thanks Gary Portland Ore.

· Registered
3,319 Posts
I question the ignition box source. Did you say it was from a Turbo car? I was under the impression that that was not the correct unit to use. Supposedly that extra connection is looped to the ecu for control of advance characteristics. Item to use is ignitor from n/a car. Also on the SU's use care with how thin the damper oil is. As Norm said a slight richening can help with the hesitation if you are using thinner oils. Or you can use the stock 20wt and remain with leaner settings. It's sort of a toss up, thinner oils can give better high speed response but often the stock oil can improve the driveabilty. Auto trans is probably a bit sluggish too.

· Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Norm , I am running 10degs. advance now and with a 79 ignition which I dont know weither it was off an automatic or a stick and weather it makes a difference in the vacume advance ?? the carbs have been repetedly rechened and have been set with a color-tune . I have tried to cover all bases here but run out or Ideas. Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.