Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peeps,
Just got a "parts car" '72 240 today. Had a couple questions on what all came on these things stock. First thing I noticed is that the headlight buckets are fiberglass... and the hood too. Thats not stock is it. Also it has the round carbs, is that a bad discription? Will that whole manifold fit on a 280z? Will the hood? I put the hood on, but its really ill-fitting. I pretty much baught it because it had the same enkeis I have, but it had the centercaps that were nifty. It also had the elephant oil cap, thats on mine now. Also, this things gonna sit in my garage while I rip all of 10 parts off of it, then I will most likely junk it. If anyone wants anything off it, make me an offer. I put oil in the cylinders and hooked up a battery, it cranks and with a little either it almost starts. You can hear the pulg wires snapping like mad, so thats probably the issue, but I'm not fixing this so..... I'm in the Colorado area, and if you come and get the parts and I dont gotta ship them I'll make you a **** of a deal.
Phil

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Does it have good door panels? Yes, the whole manifold will bolt right on a L28. Hood should fit too. Fiberglas hood is aftermarket. Is it an automatic? If it is, does it have a half way decent console? how about the heater control panel? I wished I lived in Colorado! I have two 240Z's, and my son's is in need of the console, and controls areas. My '71 could use some good door panels, but the last ones I paid for were garbage. (not to mention they were for a 280Z, and had holes I didn't need.) If any of those are good, and the price is cheap, I would love some parts!------Bob.

·
Registered
586 Posts
early 240Z headlight buckets can be fiberglass. I've also seen the front valence as fiberglass on an early 240Z, but wasn't sure if it was stock.

Round-top SU's (carbs) are correct for the 240Z.

Phil, I'm up in Longmont. I might be interested in some interior parts. I've also owned both 280Z and 240Z and can give you advice if needed.

1972 240Z
2003 WRX

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Hi Phil. I'm in Jamestown, Colorado. Give me a call at 303-444-1838 and leave a message to where you are located. A early 240 has MANY spare parts that are usable I could use .... not to mention the chassis !
My email is .. [email protected] but I check it only a few times a month. Maybe now I will check more often. Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, lots of replies. I was kinda wondering if the door panels will fit on the 280 at all. I also need a drivers door, but both doors are good. It is a 4 speed stick shift. I also plan to pull the dash, but I'm only really going for the gauges. Shane and Richard I will Email you soon. If you want the chassis, that would be great if you wanna come and get it, or if you bring the truck I have a dolly we could move it, but I want the rims off of it. As far as the rear lights and plates go, I got them off, but I'm gonna try to graft them on to the rear of my 280. They are a little bent as the car was tapped in the rear, and then the tow truck mangled the front. Anyway, off of the carbbed intake what is the easiest way to get everything off at once? Can anything be removed from that intake setup?
Thanks again,
Phil
ohh, feel free to Email me as well
[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.