ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a complete set of Carrera coilovers today. I pulled the complete front strut with the spindle. I got the rear strut with the control arms. I did not want the control arms, but could not seperate them where I was.
How much is a complete set of coil overs with all of the brake hardware and rear axels removed, just the struts, the coilovers, the schocks(I would get new ones tho) and the spindles? I can still get these parts, but I thought they were to much after I pulled them and got the quote for them. I left them in a basket and left.

How much are they worth, provided they are cleaned up and repainted, or powder coated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
How much was he asking?

I paid around $300 with shipping for a complete set (meaning, everything... rear lower control arms, brake drums, front hubs and rotors, springs, shocks adjusters, ect.....) I had to get new front shocks, rear shocks were Bilsteen, which I sent to them for revalving. I also got new adjusters. The ones on the coilovers sucked. They were not the threaded type, but used a split ring to adjust height. I ordered a set of 4 adjusters from Ground Control for $65.00. I installed new bushings on the lower control arm too. Did you notice if the springs has a spring rate printed on them?

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: How much was he asking?

They were threaded adjusters. I did not see the spring rates. They were asking 216.00 and that was without the drums. I thought they wanted to much for the stuff. I left them sitting in a cart.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Re: How much was he asking?

That price is ok... considering the work involved in installing the threaded collars on the strut tubes. Are the struts shortened? Having that done for you is a plus. If I did'nt already have coil overs installed, I would buy them for that price! The worst is if the rear control arms need bushings... but still a good dead. Lord know what shocks are in there. You may get lucky like I did and have a shock that is rebuildable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.