ZCar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would consider myself a Z guy. But I am not able to tell the difference between these three cars. I just finished studying pictures of all three and I have concluded that they share the same body. The only difference was bumpers to meet US safety standards the various years. True. The age these cars has also lead to so many modifications that it is anyones game as to what is stock and what an add on.

I didn't post this in the other forums sections cause I want to minimize flaming. But would you z32 guys/gals agree. Are there other small features that you use to tell them apart. For example I honest look for the "hooked" headlight to tell the difference between a 350 and a 370, though there are more distinguishable features between the two.

The z32 is so "iconic". One glance and their is no mistaking it for any other vehicle.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Easy to tell a 280Z - it has the 5mph type larger bumpers. Harder for me between the 240 and 260.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
'77, '78 280z has the bumper corners that are "wrinkled"

'75, '76 the bumper corners are smooth

260z has 2 versions, early skinny bumpers and late fat bumpers. Like the early 280, the bumper corners are smooth. The early has skinny bumpers with the 5mph shocks and have side "slider spacers" at the front and rear bumper.

'73 you can tell by the front bumper which has black spacers at the side. This bumper does not slide like the early 260.

The early 240z you can't tell much by looking at the bumpers. Only real difference is the b pillar, '70 and some early '71 have the vents on the hatch. The later '71 and 72 have the vent on the b pillar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts