ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
84zx, a/t, analog dash, displays code 23 while running smoothly. Starts and warms up fine but will not exceed 2350rpm. The engine dies at 2350 and automatically restarts at 1000rpm. The TPS and wiring to same tests okay. Wiring to TPS and IAC replaced.

Can faulty AFM (or harness to same) cause malfunction code 23?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you give me the AFM pin test procedure and parameters? Is the test conducted with switch off amd harness connector disconnected? I don't have the FSM for my Z cars, just the Chilton and Haynes. An area Nissan dealer gave me a Nissan # to call but said they were $150+ for FSMs. I am hoping I can locate test procedures online. If I must purchase a FSM, can you advise where I can get a better price? I'm presently based in central Texas.

The car ran fine for about fifty miles on a couple of test trips after I replaced the pig tails and wires to both sides of the TPS, but started displaying the same problem on its last trip. I retested circuits to TPS and IAC and all okay. The AFM connector has been cleaned. I suspect AFM, but don't have access to test info.

Thank you for your quick response to my problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.