ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Yo is right, no 5-speed turbos until '82. The seats aren't stock, either. But hey, if you're close to Denver, it might be worth a look. Kind of hard to tell what kind of condition it's really in from the photos.

G

·
0 Posts
Too good to be true

You just never know but there is something about that car that does not seem right. I have an 83T, known as the the garage queen. It has 53K on it and looks and smells like it just rolled off the assembly line. Never been in snow and it needs absolutelt nothing and it looks and runs new. I bought it off my best friend in 86 who put 48K highway miles on it. I've only put 5K miles on it in 15 years, hence the title garage queen.

Also, I was not aware that turbos came with 5 speeds until 83 and possibly some late 82s. Anyway, I would be cautious. John.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I just did the carfax on it

Strange. Spent up until 1998 in Montana with no odometer issued. The finally registered in wyoming as odometer exempt? Sounds fishy to me.

Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello, so I talked to the guy and he gave me his number, I set up a time to go look at it today, seems like a nice honest guy, he said i could come drive it so Im going to do that. Ill keep you posted on the car thanks.

·
Read Only
3,883 Posts
actually that is wrong the first five speed turbo i know of was in the 1980 anniversary addition. they came with a 5 speed.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Could be true...

Could be true. My 240z has 30,000 miles on its L24. All the service history and documents adds up to it being true too.

L28 fitted to it 3 yrs ago and thats only got 50,000 on it.

Hope it all turns out right. Check every bit of documentation he has inorder to verify the authenticity of the mileage. Take it as slow as you want until you are convinced.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I went and looked at the car, I looked at the tital it is notorized and says the correct actual miles the car. It drove very nice and had very good power and it was tight the boost was very crisp on the car, much more then my other 280zx turbo and my turbo had 80k miles. he was a nice guy. the car looked good the inside had alot of new peices he was switching from a brown to black, the car looks much better in person then in the pictures. I like the seats he had also they were corbeau I am considering geting those for my car to, he said the reserve on his car was 4300.00 im hoping I can get the money up it was a nice car it needs some things but the body is nice and no rust and I beleive the milage on the car...he said I could even contact the guy who had it before him. well hope I can work somthin out to get this car wish me luck thanks guys

·
Registered
437 Posts
hello I am the owner of the car on ebay. well if you look at the speedometer the milage is at 21,945 ( you say the numbers dont line up correct) well when that thing moves to 22,000 that one has to change to a (2) so slowly that 1 will move to a ( 2) . . . . . and as far as telling what the car needs Im being honest yah I could say the car needs nothing but that would be rong so I tell what things the car needs.... just cause it needs some interior peices to complete the interior does not mean its worn out I was simply changing the color..... as far as the body it has no rust, I know the milage is hard to beleive and im not saying it had the best 21 thousand miles in the world.... I have the tital wich shows the correct milage and it has been notorized. hope everyone is having a great holiday z yall later

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
still no bidders on this beauty

come on

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.