ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know these seem like noobie questions, but I still have to ask them as a wiki-search didn't come up with anything.

1- What is a Pop-Charger, and how is this different then a high flow intake?

2- It is my understanding that Testpipes are a replacement for the Catalytic Converter (may be wrong, I am not sure on this one), so what do you all do when you need to get your car inspected every year?

Thanks for putting up with the questions.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Pop charger is the same thing as high flow intake. It's a high flow cone air fitler.

Testpipes ARE replacements for Cats, so when the emission time comes you just swap them back. In MO it's every two years, which is not so bad.

·
Premium Member
9,532 Posts
A pop charger is really the same thing. It eliminates the stock restrictive airbox.
As for testpipes, to pass emissions most just replace their cats for testing.

Edit; guess i was late responding...sorry

Post Edited (Jan 31, 1:13pm)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
just make sure if you do get a POP charger (highly recommended BTW!) to have the plastic splash shield on, if it is missing get a new one. Otherwise driving through a puddle will splash water directly into the intake and as many here can attest; water and engines do not play nicely together (hydrolock).

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
If I remember correctly, the term POP charger is from Jim Wolf Tech. It has a definition something to the effect of " Performance Optimized Programing". When I bought my air filter from JWT, it came with an Eprom chip, to replace the factory Eprom in the ECU. It is supposed to optimized the fuel/air maps. Thus the POP name.

I guess then technically it's not a POP charger unless you have the Chip to go with it.

Iodonzs

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
if you're going to buy the popcharger... Make sure you buy it from a credible website with a Stillen or JWT brand... DON'T buy the ebay ones, they're garbage

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.