ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a 2+2 300zx with a slicktop for sale? I would have went for the one on ebay, but its a lil too far and neede more time to think it out.

·
Registered
793 Posts
You don't like the T-tops?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Slicktops make for better handling....

And some people like not having the hassle of T-tops...?

(I'm not one of them)

·
Registered
516 Posts
2+2 hard tops are hard to come by. I'd say about 25% of the z31 production was 2+2 models and of that 25%, less than 10% were hard tops. If you're going to be that specific, then you're going to have to be patient and wait. Be prepared to travel to another part of the country on short notice should the opportunity arise to buy one.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I was originally wanting a turbo, but i really need a vehicle with backseats, Z32 is a 2seater. I was thinking about staying with the Z and finding a 2+2, but after seeing that they came in a hardtop version, i'd like to get one. I know there rare but cane be found and would make it all the more special he..hee.. I searched and found one in TX. ga!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Be patient, you will find a slick top. There were thousands made, especially in the 84-85 years.

I agree, T-tops just aren't worth the cost of making right on most of these older cars and the 2+2 is handy at times when you have kids or midgets to transport...hehehe.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I know of a 1984 or a 1985 300ZX 2+2 slicktop in virginia about 3 or 4 hours away. only like 70k on the car. It's been sitting in a Z-yard. I looked at the car. Besides the rust, and that bar that runs accross the car (on the middle of the door) coming off a bit, seems decent. I'm pretty sure you could get it for $500-$1500. Tell me if you want me to get you the # to talk to the guy over the phone.

·
Registered
353 Posts
have you ever seen a flipped z31 that came equipped wirth t-tops?.
the t-top roof sucks in car accidents, it caves right in and the t-tops shatter , practically if you were sitting in the car while it flipped , your forehead would be scraping the pavement for a while .

the slick tops probably do better because of it having a real roof , i am definetly considering some type of roll cage that could still be daily driven (i have t-tops) , nothing too fancy tho ,or uncomfortable.

also i find myself barely even taking them off , takes too long to take them off and secure them in the trunk.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
es3 - yeah sure, I live in East Tenn. Where amongst in VA is it?

·
Registered
275 Posts
There is a white 2+2 86 slick top in Madison IN. Body is in good shape probaly not asking a lot for it. Its a small town and its a small used car lot.

·
Registered
958 Posts
The place is East Coast Z. # is 866-543-6608. I forget the guys name. lol. I forget where in virginia. I remember it was a 3 hour drive from where I live... I think it was located around Virginia Beach. Ask the guy.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alright cool.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.