ZCar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question for y’all. I have a bad injector, and I really don’t want to remove the intake plenum. I’ve seen a few people on YouTube grind off some of the casting flash on the intake in order to reach both screws on the injector. I just need another opinion on this, am I going to ruin it? Is it a bad idea?
P.S, where can I find an injector that isn’t going to cost $100 lmao
Thank you all -Bryan

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
The Dremel method is fine for an injector or two but for more the plenum pull is best. Keep in mind once an injector fails more usually follow. If you happen to grind thru the plenum its easy to patch with JB Weld or similar. Non-turbo cars have no worries about high boost pressures too.

No great places to find good injectors cheap. eBay usually has used injectors but they’ll be a crap shoot. Sorry - the Z is an expensive car to maintain...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice Jzac, do you happen to know what the resistance of the injectors should be? I read that they should be 10-14 olms, and the bad one was reading at about 20, the rest were around 15

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Thanks for the advice Jzac, do you happen to know what the resistance of the injectors should be? I read that they should be 10-14 olms, and the bad one was reading at about 20, the rest were around 15
10-14 ohms. 15 is just starting to fall out of spec..

Probably a candidate for doing all 6. Of course, in this car it’s never that simple since the “while you are in there” other work comes into play. Valve cover gaskets and sealant, new injector connectors, new bottom of injector to plenum insulators and either replacing of under plenum coolant hoses or deleting. May have to do PCV hoses since old hoses are probably hard as a rock and will need to be cut...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just a quick question for y’all. I have a bad injector, and I really don’t want to remove the intake plenum. I’ve seen a few people on YouTube grind off some of the casting flash on the intake in order to reach both screws on the injector. I just need another opinion on this, am I going to ruin it? Is it a bad idea?
P.S, where can I find an injector that isn’t going to cost $100 lmao
Thank you all -Bryan
Bernie over on tt.net sell a nice complete drop in kits for a reasonable prices:

http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/forums/classified/view/182537/TwinTurbo--NonTurbo-NewStyle-Injector-DropIn-Conversion-Kit.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts