ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gang it has been a while since I have posted, but I need to get this off my chest. My Z was stolen on Friday 13 and was recovered this morning. Typical thieves...Stole stereo, all speakers and amp. They really messed up both door panels and on the exterior, since it sits low, the bottom of the front bumper is in need of a total replacement. What was funny in all of this, is that I do have some nice chrome rims and the lug cover is on "ghost" locks which means you just pop them off. However, the key to the lug nut on each wheel was in the console, so I guess as they were rummaging it was tossed as junk. Needless to say my tires and rims are safe and the car was driveable. T-tops were not touched, Leather seats are intact and there are a couple of scrapes on my mirrors.

I'm not looking for sympathy, just parts. Fixing to hit ebay and the local salvage yards. I have charcoal interior and I am ready to buy. Email me at [email protected]. ( I will delete the email in my profile) Insurance for the car was only liability so I'm on my own. I used to call my car the Black Beauty, now for the mean time its just a Beast, lol.

Later and hope to hear from you.

Gabe

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Congrats on getting her back!

so what parts are you looking for? door panels, and fascia? You might want to list what you need explicitly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Zazu .... I am looking for a passenger and drivers side panel, charcoal with tweed. Looks like I will need the rear cargo speaker panels, ( they left me the speaker covers). Front fascia is going to have to be replaced. This is the major stuff so far.

Gabe

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I think that Beeman has a complete interior that might be the color that you are looking for. we are glad that you got her back in one piece..We would hate to see another Z fall to the recycle yard.

Post Edited (Jan 17, 10:24am)

·
Registered
673 Posts
dang man.... i know EXACTLY how you feel right now.... last year my car got jacked the DAY i finished my stereo install. custom speaker baffles, stealth box sub, amps, wiring, HU, wheels... and messed up the front fascia as well. i'll keep a look out for charcoal tweed parts. i had to do the exact same thing... replaced 80% of my interior. good luck parts hunting!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Beware because the people that has stolen your car mint come back after getting new parts in.I see this happen before. good luck fining them!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
At least you recovered it in better shape than bad. I remember when i recoved my sentra, the soundistem was gone and the rims. Just remember it could be worse. Im just curious what you meant by "ghost locks" they are covers that go ontop of the lugs? Where can you get those?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.