ZCar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need to replace my fuel injectors. I need the new style injectors (I think). Which fuel injectors should I get to comply with stuff and won't go bad or break? The ones made for the ethanol stuff. I know that the early years of the Z32 used early style fuel injectors but upgraded to the better ones. I'm sorry I'm very vague.

·
Super Moderator
1983 280ZX Turbo
1,338 Posts
Are you sure you need to replace them? There are plenty of places that can clean and test them for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Are you sure you need to replace them? There are plenty of places that can clean and test them for you.
We have tried starting the car but it didn't start. It tries to turn over. We tested the spark and compression, that was fine, but we did replace the spark plugs because they were worn down. We talked to a local Z shop dude and he said it's was most likely the fuel injectors. Plus we want to put in the new style fuel injectors, one, because they are more reliable and two, they work better with ethanol.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Replace them all: This guy sells drop in kits with new style OEM units.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Correct, kit includes all that, plenum gasket and oem rails. You might be able to get a few bucks back if you decide to resell your rails back as a core.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts