ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes i was wondering if anyone could maybe sell me a 88 300z's stereo? cause i would like the type b cause i have the type a. if you know a web site i could order one off of that would also be helpful?

·
Registered
409 Posts
i have a stereo that came off a 86z, don't know if that's a type a or b.. but the one i got have a built in EQ, if u want it, i will sell it cheap. it's old but it works fine

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if the type a had steering wheel remote controls but if not, you will create a real mess with the type b. Volume is significantly reduced without the volume control on the steering wheel. This works as a rheostat and without it, you will lose volume. Another concern would be the amplifier on the type b. Again, I don't know if the type a has an amplifier under the passenger seat but if not, the type b will need an amplifier and a receiver/sender unit that goes under the storage compartment behind the seats. I have the type b with all the added bells and whistles. Just some food for thought before you buy one and then realize without all the additional equipment you certainly won't be satisfied with it. Good luck.

> yes i was wondering if anyone could maybe
> sell me a 88 300z's stereo? cause i would
> like the type b cause i have the type a. if
> you know a web site i could order one off of
> that would also be helpful?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.