ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i went 2 see a 300zx for sale... body wise is in perfect condition... the interior the driver side seat is messed up... the digital dash works except the speed doesnt work... the clutch is soft....and the gas pedal is touchy as ****...brake booster is ****** up... and eletric windows dont work but it has a/c and mileage is round 132k wanted to know if 750 is a good price....any feedback will help on the purchase on ''the z''

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I bought my '87 Turbo for $700. Cut the P/S belt 'cause the pump leaked, and drove it home. Unfortunately I also had to buy a new alternator on the way home.....:( It was still well worth the money. The car shook like a bitch from 70-90, but all is good now. I think that I have a total of $1500 in the cost of the car and repairs. So what I'm trying to say is that if it happens to be a Turbo, talk them down to $600ish....N/A around $450-500.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I paid 440.00 for my 84 and It only needed tuneup before the timing belt went south.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
$1,200 for mine. Owner thought it was worthless because it misfired constantly. I peaked under the hood and noticed that it had the original factory spark plug wires. Changed those when I got home and it was like driving a brand new z31 :).

I've put in a decent amount in repairs but I've had it for almost 6 years and it is 20 years old! I've done all of the work myself, so it hasn't been too bad.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
str-8.... hopefully tommorrow ima be a ''z'' owner... i have the cash so lets see wha happens ... i'll post up piks when i bring the bad girl home

·
Registered
297 Posts
i paid $850 for my 84 turbo with 190k (they lied about the mileage in the ad but once i saw it i fell in love), it needed a clutch, tranny didn't have first gear, and the interior was shot. since then, i bought a sport clutch for $230, put it in myself, bought a tranny and driveshaft for $190 (miraculous price), new rotors (vented) all around for $90, new front calipers for $150, have an intercooler and pathfinder manifold ready to install, and i'm still only about $2000 into the car. i also have a complete black interior minus seats lined up for $200.

what i'm trying to say is, you can get a lot out of these cars with the right kind of deal hunting. good luck!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Makes me cry how cheap u guys can get Z31s for; I'd pay $750 for one with the back end torn off here in Australia lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
I paid $170USD for my 84 2+2 Turbo, needs ALOT of body work. Rust is fun. But it has a low mileage VG30ET swapped in it as well. Very clean motor to start with. Mechanically it's very solid, just needs an exhaust manifold gasket and a muffler. I'm currently doing the full restoration on it, replacing parts of the hatch floor, lower quarter panel skins, rocker panels, inner wheel wells, total rear panel below licence plate behind bumper, and much more. Going to be a heck of alot of work, but it's what I enjoy doing and the pride in doing it myself will make me feel alot better ;p

The guy parked it in his driveway wanting to fix it, and it sat there for 2 years.

Picked up another one locally for $85 USD 84' 2Seater Turbo 5speed, as a parts car only, frame is totally rotten, but I'm thinking of the hundres and hundreds I'll save swapping parts. **** the tires on the 5Speed are brand new and the rims are in better shape, so I swapped them to the 2+2 ;p

This one sat in his backyard rotting away, has not been turned over for three years. I dropped a battery in it at the shop after I trailered it over, and it fired right up... go figure. I thought the gas would have been fouled by then.

So two Z31's for under $260... not bad. Too bad they weren't drivin in Canadian winters for 21 years.

Post Edited (Nov 18, 8:22pm)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.