ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on and off to restore this car. I have received many repair tips from this forums to fix this car and much appreciated. I still have some more work to do before I can enjoy this car for a long trip.
1/ Washer indicator lamp
2/ AM/FM radio does not work (FM does not work)
3/ Rear suspension is a bit soft (Plan to insert a rubber between the coil spring to stiff it up)
4/ Leaking head lamp washer lines
5/ Rad over flow tank hose has a cut (caused by power steering pump pulley) that need to be replaced or repair
6/ Cooling inspection, rad inspection

One engine mod I would like to try later (once I have a good baseline of this current engine performance) is to obtain throttle body from 240SX from ka24e SOHC engine. Anyone has any negative comment or bad experience about this mod?

Any suggestion about rear suspension? What do you think about rubber insert for the coil spring?

web link: www.300z.piczo.com

·
Registered
430 Posts
Some don't like the idea...but I've used the rubber doughnuts front and back.

For the front I cut one ring in half for each side...taper one end of each 1/2...then push the tapered end into the wedge shaped space at top and bottom of each front spring. Then use a small ss clamp over wrapped vinyl tape at the ends to keep them in place. Makes the front more solid.

Have the equivalent of 2 doughnuts per side in the back to correct a camber problem...partially.

The rubber stiffens the ride without raising the car much...mine probably sits below OEM ride height due to sagging springs. If you don't like the results...you aren't out much.

For the radio...might try pulling the radio/hjeater/AC controls out and check for loose connxs and vac lines...etc.

If I remember right...I fixed the washer light problem by pulling the plastic tank out ...turning it upside down and spraying water from a hose into the bottom of it...haven't had a problem since. Some use vinegar...like with a coffe brewer.

Post Edited (Jul 12, 7:19pm)

·
Registered
572 Posts
1/ Washer indicator lamp
~Pull up the washer fluid tank and unplug it. Who cares about the light anyway. Chances are you don't need the light to tell you when it's low because you'll check it periodically yourself just like oil, tranny, etc.

2/ AM/FM radio does not work (FM does not work)
~Get rid of it! Get something aftermarket and get a regular antenna. The factory telescoping antenna has two leads, one for AM and one for FM. So even if you left it and got an aftermarket radio, chances are your stations will still come in crappy. New aftermarket radio and antenna.

3/ Rear suspension is a bit soft (Plan to insert a rubber between the coil spring to stiff it up)
~Whatever fa-kin-a says is good enough for me. I am no one to tell people what to do with suspension.

4/ Leaking head lamp washer lines
~Specify a little more.....give more info.

5/ Rad over flow tank hose has a cut (caused by power steering pump pulley) that need to be replaced or repair
~Change that sucker out!

6/ Cooling inspection, rad inspection
~Dude! If your car isn't overheating by now, I don't think you have a problem. You may want to shell out sixty bucks or so and take your car to one of those oil change places that does a rad flush with that good acid stuff to get it cleaned out real good!

Those are my two cents! It's only good advice if you take it!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there two leads for the radio antenna?

I have to check into that. From the antenna, there is only one coax lead.

Thanks for the rubber insert tips.

·
Registered
430 Posts
For the front wedge-shaped pieces...you'll want to drill a small hole in the middle and use some soft wire to be sure each piece stays on the coil...once I had the sense to taper the ends...they've worked real well and have lasted at least 35K miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.