ZCar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im brand new to this forum i have a 1986 Z31 standard. has broken head stud bolt am currently in the process of working with a shop to get fixed and would like some links to websites that sell Z31 parts. i have checked with z1 and they only carry z32 parts. please help i just want it running again with better parts than factory.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Alright.... I'm only doing this because I have a special place in my heart for the Z31, even though I am a 280zx guy. First, you are never going to get better parts than factory. There is a reason why factory Nissan parts from the 70's, 80's, and 90's last 30 years. Second, the kind folks over at Google are your friends, use them.

Now, you can still get factory nissan parts for the Z31 at www.nissanpartsdeal.com... they may not be cheap on the dollar, but I would suggest getting them while they are still available. Also, it would be wise to download all the parts diagrams from the website as well.

theZstore, Ebay, rockauto.com, zcarsource of arizona, Z depot, are pretty good sources. I have purchased many parts from rockauto for both my Z31's, so check them out.

www.300zxpartsforyou.com is also a good resource for USED parts specific to the Z31 and also many parts for interior, exterior, and other areas of the car that are NLA from Nissan.
having said that, bear in mind that these are USED parts, but they are available and get the job done. Give steve a call and get what you need.... I kept my cars on the road with parts from him.
There are people who would disagree, but under the circumstances, you don't have many options for the hated Z31... so get what you can, while you can.
Also, go to your local junk yards and see if they have any Z31 cars left, and get in 'em.

Also, since you're new to the car and to this forum, please check out all the info you can at www.xenonzcar.com (Z31 section) so you can learn all about the cars made from late 83 to 89. Read up!
Lastly, I've owned two of these things and I had to do a lot to them to keep them running If you got questions or have issues, you can find me on here. So ask away.

www.Z31performance.com is also a good source for info. It is dedicated only to the Z31, so check them out too.

Bon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts