ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I found a 1986 Nissan 300zx turbo, red, 173000km (about 110000-120000 miles I think), great interior, rusty outside. Runs great, feels solid. BTW I live around Detroit. The rust is sort of bad, but it's all just bubbles under the paint. The underneith is really bad with rust, we think the frame might actually have a rust hole in it, we're not sure we're checking that tomorrow. If the underneith of the car is not too bad, what would a car like this be worth. It blue books for like $1600-1700, but the guy is asking $2500. Do you think $2500 is worth it, and will I be able to get my money back (or atlest most of it) come winter time? I'm going to college in deciember so I will most likly be selling the car. Oh yea, it also needs new pipe off the turbo going to the exhaust, its rusted and broken. I have been searching for a car like this forever and I'm so excited about this one, and I'm really parinoid that someone will snatch it up before I can get it. Do you guys think I should jump on the deal or not? Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ran into a similar deal with a 1982 280zx Nissan-Datsun, slight paint corrosion from acid rain, minor rust, but the frame had a rust bout the size of ur hand (medium) where it seemed like the bumper attached to it, and the guy wanted 2k for it, though the engine only had 94k on it, and i'm from the Minnesota area. Personally, I think its not all that great of a deal, especially if u plan to sell the car later anyways. Fixin the frame rust isn't all that fun. -_-

·
Registered
667 Posts
i would say $350 unless everything else is in great shape
then give him $800

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Give him the $1,700.00 and thats only because you are desperate. You could find on somewhere else in the country, fly to it and drive it back. You'll probably still be under $2,500.00.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
do not even bother with the car. I bought a rust free 86 Turbo for 1800 3 years ago. you can find a better deal elsewhere.

·
Registered
458 Posts
you are in Detroit. EVERYTHING is expensive in Detroit. I wouldnt pay $800 if the frame is rusted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
if you want to buy a car for way too much money, let me know and i'll sell you mine.. that much money should definately get you a much nicer condition zxt.. good luck with continuing your search. z ya later

·
Registered
123 Posts
if yo get it i have a turbo down pipe ill sell for $50 leme now

86 300zx turbo...turbo timer
jesus drove a ford that's wy he walked everywhere!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the exact model. Unless you can afford to spend beaucoup bucks for gas...that's my only complaint. It sucks up gas like crazy. BUT...it's a **** of a car to drive! Mine is an automatic with 117K, I live in California....if I were you, I'd look for something else. That sounds like alot of money especially if it is rusted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.