ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent days trying to fix a problem with my 300 ZX. When I start it in the morning it takes several cranks before it finally fires. I turn the ignition key on and just let the fuel pump engage and then turn the key back off and try to fire it. After several attempts the car finally fires. As I turn the key off it attempts to fire. I have replaced the ignition switch; wiring to the coil; plugs and wires; alternator; fuel filter; fuel sensor and gas tank. After it finally fires I drive it and it stalls a couple of times (even if I let it run until the motor is warm it does this) on my way to work. After I drive it for 3-5 minutes at speeds greater than 35 mph it runs great. Sometimes after work (the car has been sitting for 8-10 hours) the car starts fine but then stalls a couple of times until after I drive it again for 3-5 minutes. Sometimes it starts okay and runs fine without stalling. This has been going on for almost a year. I did take it to two mechanics and they cannot figure it out either. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Possible beginning of your Crank Angle Sensor starting to fail. Sounds similar to the problems I had (ran fine once I had it started and running above 25, but hard or no start and stalled alot). Iposted and had alot of good input from here, and tried changing out alot of things. One way to test would be get a heat gun (borrow from someone, and a hair drier won't work), start the car and keep it running, then pop the hood while its running and hit the CAS with the gun for a few seconds(careful not to burn the thing, then it will fry). On mine, it killed it every time within 10 seconds. We let it cool for 15 minutes and it would start up again. Just a thought suggestion. I spent 5 days with my Z down (86 n/a).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.