ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am calling it quits on my 87 300. The engine is a goner and whoever owned the car before me had no respect for it. It's life is pretty much gone. I have found an 85 300 that sounds good enough for the money pending on the look of it and the way it drives. I hate the taillights on this model though and love the 87s taillights. I know this is looked down upon by a lot of enthusiasts but I was wondering if it would be fairly simple (or even possible) to swap the taillights on these two models. Any possible help from anyone who has done this or knows anything about this please let me know thanks a lot z fans.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks from the looks of things I'll just take the taillights off of the 87 and hold off on swapping them for quite some time

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nevermind.... I decided my 87 isn't so bad. (It really is) but I'll love it that much more with a new motor in it. thanks for the link though it was a very detailed guide to switch them around. Now I may need help with swapping motors so you guys keep up with the posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I'm glad you decided to stick it out with your 87!

Many would disagree with me on that point but I came into a similar situation. My 85 had not had the care it deserved over a number of years before I received it. It was with me through some of the best times of my life so far like high school, college, meeting my wife, getting married, etc. Over a five year period it has become (with a lot of work and patience) virtually problem free and quite reliable (working out a CHTS issue but...). I am really happy with my decision and my 85.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.