ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1984 300 zx, dig. dash, auto. Problem. Starts, idles fine for about one minute, idle slows, stops. Starts right up, same happens. Can start , take down hwy , runs great, speeds as fast as you want to go for about 30 seconds to one minute. Engine stops, will immediately start up and continues to do same. Replaced gas filter, same results. Believe fuel is being shut off, not distributor or electronic problem, unless electronics somehow shutting down fuel supply temporarily. Fuel pump pressure seems fine. Thanks Murphy

·
Registered
181 Posts
I dont know if this would help at all but a guy once posted something similar to this and it turned out to be his Auto control module. He said it kept coming out of the harness I think its located near the rear of the car inside.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Experiencing same problem wirth 84 N/A 5 speed. Replaced all electronic from distributor back. Looking at flooding problem now. Mine starts...often...idles up then floods out. Shop work was useless..paying 275.00 for new dist. cap and rotor. Once it starts it runs fine. Keep posted if you or I figure it out. Somebody out there knows the answer though.

·
Registered
500 Posts
You need to replace the fuel pump relay, located behind the
'b' pillar in the wall behind the passenger seat (under the
right rear window. A bunch of screws have to come out,
and you will find it. It is clicking off after 30 seconds and
you have to restart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.