ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Automatic Temp. System seems to be working but the blower never comes on. I can't find a fuse for it. The Haynes Manual says it could be caused by vacuum switches or sensors or any number of things and should only be repaired by a certified mechanic. Can any one help me?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Very likely the fuse...</b>

The fuse is located on the bottom of the blower motor itself. Evidently the fuse contacts corrode quite often (known problem). I had the same problem, cleaned them up and it works great now. :)

Jon

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Very likely the fuse...

Thanks Jon, If I can find the blower motor I can probably fix it. But I can't even find the blower. The Manual I have is for 79 to 83 and the location the books shows is not where mine is. I have removed the glove box and the right side lower dash panel and if it is there I can' t see it. I would appreciate it if someone can help me locate it. Thanks, Wayne

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>It is there, or that's the problem...</b>

The blower is mounted above the passenger footwell area. First remove the passenger side plastic piece with the footwell light mounted in it, then remove the black vent extension piece (it's held on by only one bolt). Slightly above/behind that is the blower motor. It's huge; you can't miss it.

If it's not there and there's a big hole, then that's your problem. :) It looks like a big round black piece attached to the ducting with a metal center. The fuse is in the back on the bottom and can be reached easily with just the removal of the two aforementioned pieces.

Jon

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I just had the same problem...
Turned out to be the blower relay..located right next to the blower motor.....
While you're down there, check the fuse located on the motor...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jon and Don,
The problem was both the blower fuse and relay. I replaced the blown fuse but it still didn't work. I took the relay apart and found the contacts stuck. After I cleaned the contacts the blower works fine. Thanks again for your help.
Here is another problem you might have an answer for. After my last oil change the Oil Temp Gauge quit working. Coincidence or not, I don't know. I can't find the Oil Temp. Sensor. Any ideas??

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Same thing happened to me...</b>

I knocked the wire off the sender when replacing the filter; you probably did the same thing. :) It's right above the filter with one wire going to it.

You may want to replace the sender entirely some day if it's acting up as mine was. The stock senders are notorious for dying.

Jon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.