ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '83 Turbo Z and can't find the turn signal flasher. My Nissan shop manual plus Chiltons says it's next to the left of steering column, where hazzard blinker can is located, there is a cylindrical mount, but the Nissan part is square. The 84 shop manual says the flasher is behind the instrument cluster. I've pulled the steering wheel, combination switch and instrument cluster and can't find it. My neighbor's 82 flasher sounds like it's behind the spedo. First, the ASCD started blowing the blinker fuse - changed an ASCD relay, fixed problem, now it seems to be the flasher unit - Help, Help, thanks, R2

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Turn Signal Flasher Unit in My '82...

is located right where the illustration on page 203 of the Hayne's manual shows it, to the left of the steering column behind the square intermittent wiper amplifier unit.

There's a possibility that your turn signal flasher unit may be square instead of round, because Nissan electrics are often made by subcontractors and tend to be different from what's pictured in the manuals. Also, if your '83 was a late manufacture, it may have an '84 300ZX-type switch assembly in it from the factory.

I'd suggest you call Motorsport Auto's tech line and ask if one of these situations is the case in respect to your car. You might also just look at a 300ZX switch assembly, if you have access to one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.