ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got a 1983 280zxt that i just got and the engine will rotate but won't stay running at all.I was told that the turbocharger might be causing this. So i checked it out and found the turbo with play on the intake side of the turbo, and i can hear the turbo making noise. Could a turbocharger keep my car from running, or do I need to look at something else? The oil pressure is 40+ when it tries to run, and everything else seems ok. Any input will be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Could be the coil or wire to the coil.
Also look at the fusible links and check the double link closest to the headlights.
It’s the double red one.
Someone will fill you in about the fuel pump; I have yet to get to the back of the car.
I know a lot of things and I don’t know the same about other stuff.
Did I get that right?

M&M
Hollywood, FL

·
Registered
613 Posts
Ok here are a few ways to start off on you problems. First determing the problem, is the fuel pump not working or is there no spark? In my car i had it crankign but not starting. Turns out there is a connection under the passenger side seat that controls the fuel pump, make sure that the connections are in or else not fuel for you, thats what happend to me anyways. good luck

Emir

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had this exact same problem although I have an 83zx na. My problem was the air flow meter, changed it, calibrated it and boom just like nothing ever happened.
Hope this helps. Erick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.