ZCar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello!. I am having an issue with my 1982 280zx turbo, I have no pulse to the injectors. Previous owner connected the battery backwards and burned the ECU and a fusible link. I have replaced both and the car started and ran for 20 mins then shutoff on its own. The fuel pump works and i have fuel in the rail. i have it connected directly with a switch. i have spark to the spark plugs, if i add starter fluid to the intake the car runs. i have replaced the crack sensor too just in case but no luck. i also cleaned all the ground connections i saw in the bay. i have tested the injectors and they work, they just aren't getting pulse from the ECU or what ever triggers it. please help.

·
Super Moderator
1983 280ZX Turbo
1,484 Posts
Crack sensor? Perhaps crank? Not sure why you replaced it.

If it will run with starter fluid, then it's not getting fuel. Have you listened to the injectors, or tested them using Noid lights which plug onto the injector leads?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crack sensor? Perhaps crank? Not sure why you replaced it.

If it will run with starter fluid, then it's not getting fuel. Have you listened to the injectors, or tested them using Noid lights which plug onto the injector leads?
yeah sorry for misspelling, English is my second language. i replaced it because i believed that it could be bad and not sending the trigger signal to the ECU to make the injectors work.as i stated before the injectors work, i have used Noid lights to test them and that is how i arrived at the conclusion that they don't have pulse. There is fuel in the rail but with no pulse it does not go into the piston for combustion. do you happen to know what sends the trigger to the ECU to make the injectors work?. Also both sides of the injectors pins show 12v when i plug my meter to them is that normal? its like there's no negative polarity.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
no negative makes since, the power is grounded to fire the injector, so if no ground you will see voltage on the hot side and the ground side of the injector, its just a coil so until a ground path is provided it will show positive voltage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks for the help it makes more sense now. any chance you know which pin in the ECU sends the signal to the injectors and which pin in the ECU receives the signal?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Oscar, usually when you hook up a battery backwards or jumper cables backwards on an 82 or 83 it blows the ECU. Then the injectors don't fire. Hanging on the outside of the ecu is a single wire with a safety lock plastic connector. That is the lead that sends a message to the ecu to fire the injectors. That lead comes from the ignition system, it sends a pulse when it fires on the primary side straight to the ecu. If your ecu is bad, send it to me and I'll have it rebuilt. Be sure to let me know that you use this forum and that automatically qualifies you for a discounted price. Z man of Washington

1 - 6 of 6 Posts