ZCar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I’m slowly making my way through my 82’ 280zx restoration. I purchased the car without keys and the drivers side door lock is destroyed. Does anybody know if the 280zx door lock cylinders are the same as the 280z cylinders? I’ve found lots of products for the 280z but not the ZX. Thank you!

· Registered
2,314 Posts
The locks are not interchangeable between the 2 models. I can rebuild your locks and key them to any key cut or find a key that fits your existing locks if the locks are in good shape. I haven't recently checked on the availability of new door lock cylinders for the zx or the prices of them. I may even have some cylinders in stock but I'd have to look at my lock inventory. FYI, to change the door locks you're going to have to pull the windows. If you send me your ignition lock, and your rear hatch lock and the one door lock you have left, I can repair or rebuild them as needed and get you the correct key along with some duplicates. You'll have to contact me directly for the service. My e-mail is [email protected] and my land line phone is 360-668-2979. Be sure to let me know that you found me on this forum for a discount. Z man of Washington

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The locks are not interchangeable between the 2 models. I can rebuild your locks and key them to any key cut or find a key that fits your existing locks if the locks are in good shape. I haven't recently checked on the availability of new door lock cylinders for the zx or the prices of them. I may even have some cylinders in stock but I'd have to look at my lock inventory. FYI, to change the door locks you're going to have to pull the windows. If you send me your ignition lock, and your rear hatch lock and the one door lock you have left, I can repair or rebuild them as needed and get you the correct key along with some duplicates. You'll have to contact me directly for the service. My e-mail is [email protected] and my land line phone is 360-668-2979. Be sure to let me know that you found me on this forum for a discount. Z man of Washington
Thank you so much! I sent you an email.

· Registered
10 Posts
I’ll send them an email also. Thanks for sharing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts