ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to get some feed back on I guess what you would call a total tune up.
I just bought this car and I live in Ont .Canada . I don't plan on driving for the next few months so I have lots of time to get together the parts for the spring .What I mean is, I have the whole winter to get the right parts and good ones. If anyone wants to list what it is that I should get to do a complete injection overhall I would appreciate that. I am assuming that original nissan parts are the best and most relible. Like I say guys, I live in Canada so anywhere that I might get a good deal on parts is what I would like to know.

By the way guys, before the injector starting leaking I noticed that I had a sensor light staying on on the dash , it said "sensor" any feed back please

·
Registered
7 Posts
Edison,
I also have a 1981 ZX that I just replaced all six injectors on. I did a lot of research on this. You can get the injectors from just about anywhere. Dealers, VictoriaBritish, Motorsports auto. I ended up getting a few parts from each, o-rings, connectors, clamps, etc. It is a lot of work to replace them. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I just went through this on my 78. My experienc ewas that the injector plugs (electrical connections) made more differenc e as to how the car ran than the injectoirs themselves. You may want to consider that. And yes, this is a lot of work. Make sure to clean everything, replace allfo the rubber, all the hoses, at once. You will be happy with the resul;t. I did not replace the injectors, due to $$. What matters more is that all the fuel lines are replaced (they leak and that is dengerous), no hoises leak on top of the engine, that the electricals are in good shape, etc.

I am in Toronto. Where are you? Mine is a 78' but I am wiloling to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.