ZCar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone’s been super helpful just a big thanks real quick! ❤
Back to work though, so Im having compression issues and was just going to do a mass replacement of parts, but I’m havingtrouble finding a replacement intake manifold, or maybe an upgrade, do forgive my ignorance I’m used to working on my American muscle car, I have fuel injection, I’m also having troubles finding piston return springs, links or answers would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not sure how much of this post is trolling, vs what is legitimate questions. Piston return springs? LOL

Anyways, do you have known issues with the intake manifold, such as it's cracked or warped? If not, I don't know why you'd need to replace it. Maybe you need a new intake manifold gasket, and make sure all vacuum lines are in good shape.

If you are having compression issues, you may want to do a leak down test, as that will provide more info as to what's going on (valves not seating, piston rings not sealing - you'd have blow by and purple/blue smoke out of the exhaust).

I thought I saw an awesome tube style intake manifold at Godzilla Raceworks, but I can't find it on their website anymore. I'm sure it would cost a lot though, and wouldn't be worth it unless you were doing a huge power upgrade.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Everyone’s been super helpful just a big thanks real quick! ❤
Back to work though, so Im having compression issues and was just going to do a mass replacement of parts, but I’m having trouble finding a replacement intake manifold, or maybe an upgrade, do forgive my ignorance I’m used to working on my American muscle car, I have fuel injection, I’m also having troubles finding piston return springs, links or answers would be greatly appreciated!
I suggest you be a bit more specific about what you need help with. Glad to contribute if I know what's needed.

I also wonder why you need an intake manifold?

I'm guessing you mean valve springs; they should be pretty easy.

ZcarSource.com online and ArizonaZcar.com should be good sources for parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts