ZCar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what appears to be an automatic temperature control on my zx. Compared to the FSM, there are more vacuum tubes than what are on the diagram. I have three unhooked- and don't know where they go. All on the right (passenger) side of the heater box. One is double blue coming across the top of the heater box. Another is a short single blue on a quad connector. The "feed" to that same quad connector has no hose coming to it. All tubes to this quad connector appear to be single blue. Just for education, I'd also like to know what the three electrical devices are called on this passenger side. I will assume one is a Vacuum control switch, black with 2 tubes and a white molded connector with two wires. One controls a damper with a 5 conductor, white molded connector, and one only has a single vacuum tube and a blue and black "pin" type connectors

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK ... So I finally figured out my own issue so I'll post for all. On page HA-70 of the FSM is the correct vacuum tube diagram for solving my issue (and any issue related to vacuum tube connectivity to the Heater Box). Near the top of the diagram, the tubes coming out of the Vacuum lock valve (single side) to the Vacuum Tank, the By-pass Vacuum Selector (S), and the Temperature Vacuum Selector (S1) are all connected by tubes with a single Blue strip (noted as L on the diagram). The series of T connectors along this path is actually the white quad connector shown in my pictures. The feed end of that is missing a vacuum tube that has to go all the way into the engine bay and connect to the Vacuum Tank. I used the connection between the Black cap and Yellow cap switches but I don't think it matters as it is simply one of two connections to an "empty" vacuum tank. I hope this helps others as this one was pretty frustrating until I got the correct diagram in front of me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts