ZCar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info or past threads of the swap. Search resulted in suggestions to do research from earlier dates etc as there “are lots of posts” about parts lists and written steps.....maybe I am doing something wrong with my search? TIA

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Looking for info or past threads of the swap. Search resulted in suggestions to do research from earlier dates etc as there “are lots of posts” about parts lists and written steps.....maybe I am doing something wrong with my search? TIA

just go to the 1970-83 forum and type 'transmission swap' in the search bar and a whole list of results will pop up, from this site and other sites as well.
also check out the S130 section over at www.xenonzcar.com
plenty of good references and info for modifications and repairs to each particular Z model.

not too complicated to do this swap. many have done it. main things you will need is obviously the transmission and mount, but also a clutch kit, master and slave hydraulics and lines, console cover and boots, complete clutch pedal assembly, possibly another radiator (or just block off those coolant lines on the bottom), and possibly the ECU for the manual car (however it may not make any difference). your best bet is to find a 280zx parts car in a salvage yard and see if you can get all these components off of it and start with that.

hope this helps,

Cheers,

bon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts