Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My 1978 280Z have had a bad rear bumper for a while, but for this season, it has turned into an emergency.
It has rusted from the inside ( Our climate in Sweden lives merry **** with these cars) and is threatening to fall off its mountings.
The Nissan dealer here could get one, but I won't pay $1200 for it!
Better advices is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Marten Carlsson.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Marten,

I just took mine off and I'm installing the Motorsport Auto Aero kit fiberglass. Makes the car look alot better. At the Z show last week (I live in So. Calif), I saw a nice Z with the bumper removed and a trim piece from some other car put just below the taillight panel. The more serious problem with your car is the rust. There are products that will chemically neutralize the rust. Good Luck!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE:No glassfibre bolt on for this one,please

Maybe some kits may look good on the Z:s, but I would like to keep the original rear bumper (even though earlier ones looks sleeker) since my car is the only 280Z in Sweden, I would like to have it mostly in its original shape, including the huge bumpers.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<b>RE: RE:No glassfibre bolt on for this one,pleas

Marten,

If you ask Yuichi to keep an eye out while he is at the junkyard this weekend. He most likely will. $1200.00 for a new bumper is rather high... I would think you could get one here from the junkyard for $50 - $100. Shipping to your house shouldn't be to bad either.

Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<b>RE: 1978 280Z rear bumper falling off!</b>

$1200 for a bumper is outragious. I will not be using the one off my 77Z. They are both in pretty good shape. Perhaps we could make some arrangement. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RE:Thanks 400

Thanks for your offer, but doesn't the '77 bumpers differ from '78?
Anyway, how much for front and rear?
Condition?
Do you know anything about shipping cost from
US to Europe?
Glad hearing from you in this matter
Regards Marten Carlsson

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1978 280Z rear bumper $75

I have a rear bumper for a 78 280Z that I would be willing to part with for $75.00. The outside is very good condition, it had started to rust on the inside, but I treated it with some rust converter and rust stop. With a little cleaning, it can look as good as new.

Steven

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.