ZCar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for advice on my interior of 1978 280Z. I would like to fix this car up over the next 3-5 years and I won’t sell it so I’m not concerned with value but I also don’t want to screw it up. In the back it has a false platform that was made to make room for inflatable spare tire. I’m thinking about removing the spare and platform. Part of me wants to keep it in place since it’s all original but i would also like to remove if and pick up space. Any thoughts or photos of what others have done? Last question: there is a row of snaps that run behind the seats. What are these for? I’ll post some photos Thanks

·
Registered
993 Posts
leave it as is and buy a small plug in air compressor so the spare will inflate (you should try it out). A spare tire is a good thing to have.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Those snaps look vaguely familiar for some reason. Are there any matching snaps or mounts of any sort on the back edge of the hatch? Only thing that I can think of may have been some kind of aftermarket cargo cover of some sort. There were a lot of interesting/odd add-on‘s back in the day. There was a cruise control for the 240 that I didn’t get before they went out of business!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't find any other snaps that make sense. Maybe it was a one off some owner did on there own? thanks for your response.

·
Super Moderator
1983 280ZX Turbo
995 Posts
I'm sure they were added by a PO for reasons specific to them. Most likely some kind of cargo cover. Not stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts