ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a Dropping Resistor for my 280Z. Anybody out there know where I can get a good used one for a deal? The dealor wants around $100.00 for both sides. Also, if anybody knows what the resistance should be between input 12 volt terminal (blue or yellow wire) and output 3 volt terminal (white wires) I would appreciate the info.

Thanks,
Max

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
> I need to get a Dropping Resistor for my
> 280Z. Anybody out there know where I can get
> a good used one for a deal? The dealor wants
> around $100.00 for both sides. Also, if
> anybody knows what the resistance should be
> between input 12 volt terminal (blue or
> yellow wire) and output 3 volt terminal
> (white wires) I would appreciate the info.

> Thanks,
> Max
With the dropping resistor disconnected the resistance between(6 plug connector) the center prong and the other 4 should be 6 ohms. The other connector looking at it like an L. The prong on the bottom right should also have 6 ohms of resistance between the other two prongs. To double check the fuel injection relay, which I still suspect to be the culprit, do the following. On the bottom of the relay next to the prongs you can see a code for each prong, such as 88z. With the relay disconnected, connect 12 volt dc between positive prong 86c and negative prong 85. When you connect it clicks should be heard and also continuity should exist between prongs 88z and 88a and also between 88z and 88b. That portion of the fuel injection relay tells the fuel injection to work and without that nothing happens.

ddt

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the info. I guess the dropping resistors are not bad, because I have 6 Ohms just as you say should be there. I don't understand why when I put 12 volts to the terminal that the blue and yellow wires go to, and check the voltage coming out, I get the same 12 volts. I thought it was supposed to drop the voltage to 3 volts? I've tested the Fuel Injection relay just as the book says and like you have described here. Everything checks out fine. I'm going to post a new message about the 12 volts I'm getting on both sides of the wiring harness to the injectors and see what replies I get.

Thanks,
Max

> With the dropping resistor disconnected the
> resistance between(6 plug connector) the
> center prong and the other 4 should be 6
> ohms. The other connector looking at it like
> an L. The prong on the bottom right should
> also have 6 ohms of resistance between the
> other two prongs. To double check the fuel
> injection relay, which I still suspect to be
> the culprit, do the following. On the bottom
> of the relay next to the prongs you can see