ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 1975 Datsun 280z The whole interior needs redone if anyone can help me through the process by tips, I would appreciate it alot.

Shane

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
> I recently purchased a 1975 Datsun 280z The
> whole interior needs redone if anyone can
> help me through the process by tips, I would
> appreciate it alot.

> Shane
Hey Shane, welcome to tthe world of Z cars. Man, I have tons of great advice people have been nice enough to share with me, I'd be happy to help you. Give me some specific questions that you have. There are some cost saving tricks in the interior, if your panels are in good shape Vinyl and Carpet dye does miracles, same color ...change the color whatever you want to do. get as much as you can from junkyards. Aftermarket availabilty is excellent and complete, but very costly. If you need door weatherstripping, get some door seals from a Hyundai elantra or sonata from a junkyard, they work great and look just like original. Get a molded plastic dash cover, they make your tired dash look like new. Instead of spending a **** load on custom carpet, you can do a good job with somee free scraps of house carpet padding and a couple $10 rolls of carpet from your local auto parts store. I get alot from Autozone. E mail me if you have questions. I'm in the process of fixing up a 1971 240z and I'm still learning, but theres a lot of great info on the internet. Go to the link I send if you haven't already and read the tech bulletins and tips. They know their stuff. later Tim

·
Registered
968 Posts
I have a 75 280Z that I have had for 14 years and restored, including doing the whole interior myself. The rust monster has cought up with my frame. I would consider selling mine for parts, or be interested in possible purchase. Located in Pittsburgh, PA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.