ZCar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, don't know if anyone has one but im looking to buy a full weatherstrip kit from Zcarsouce.com link below

I spoke with someone at the store and he's saying this wont fit mine because its a 2+2, is there a specific one for the 2+2 or will any coupe version work for weatherstripping?

i've seen this one too but different model and year, what is your guys experience with buying these kits?

any advice is appreciated, mine is down to the metal right now so definitely have to get seals on everything. Im trying to get the rear hatch glass in too but the glass guys are telling me the hatch sits between two seals.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
When the body guy say the rear glass sits between 2 seals maybe he's referring to the coupe being one type of seal and the 2+2 being another type of seal. In that case he would be correct. Providing you have the correct seals for the 2+2, there is only 1 seal for the glass, and 1 seal for the hatch to body. The door gaskets for the 74 2+2 are different than the 78 2+2 door gaskets. I haven't tried putting a 78 style into a 74 yet but I think that it will work and that IS the only option available anymore. The 74-76 gaskets are not available and I doubt it ever will be. There were 3 styles of door gaskets for the 2+2's from 74-78. I can order the body gaskets for the 2+2's, but I don't carry the kits in stock. I usually only the hatch gasket and hatch glass gasket for the 2+2 cars. Z man of Washington

1 - 6 of 6 Posts