ZCar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have the main black/white wire at coil with power. once i turn ignition on there is no spark out of the coil.
what do i check first? it is an electronic ignition car with a unit under dash.. not sure how to test it or know if thats causing the problem any help would be great..
any help with what wires go to the balast and the coil would be great..

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1983 280ZX Turbo
1,482 Posts
That ignition control unit looks like it was submerged in salt water for a month. How did it get like that under the dash???

I'd distrust it just based on its visual condition.

And if you want help, you need to wait more than six hours (the interval between your posts) for replies.

·
Super Moderator
1983 280ZX Turbo
1,482 Posts
Your posts were time-stamped, and there were 5 or 6 hours in between your first two posts. Please give people time to read and respond.

·
Registered
13 Posts
have the main black/white wire at coil with power. once i turn ignition on there is no spark out of the coil.
what do i check first? it is an electronic ignition car with a unit under dash.. not sure how to test it or know if thats causing the problem any help would be great..
any help with what wires go to the balast and the coil would be great..
FYI....if you can't get a replacement for the stock ignition box, you can swap a 280ZX distributor into it and connect to power at the coil...the ZX unit has the ignition module built in....
Beyond that, I'll assume you checked the usual suspects, power at coil, coil grounding, resistor, etc...
be prepared to hear from gurus who will tell you that's not the way to go, I don't know what I'm talking about etc....seems often the Z car community is taken up with folks who are unable to play nice....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts