ZCar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! My church received this car as a donation last year and I finally convinced them to let me take it home and clean it up/tune it up. Looking for a good place to start with getting it running nice. It’s currently running well and seems to have fresh oil, plugs and fuel filter. It could be running better and I’m thinking it has something to do with the carbs. Any tips help thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey everyone! My church received this car as a donation last year and I finally convinced them to let me take it home and clean it up/tune it up. Looking for a good place to start with getting it running nice. It’s currently running well and seems to have fresh oil, plugs and fuel filter. It could be running better and I’m thinking it has something to do with the carbs. Any tips help thanks!
I am also looking to find out what it’s worth. I’ve heard that it can be with 15,000 but other people have said 5,000. It’s an automatic which I believe brings down value.

·
Super Moderator
1983 280ZX Turbo
1,229 Posts
Both the automatic and the 2+2 are dings to the resale value. But of course, the definition of its value is what someone will pay for it.

Others will comment about the carbs, I'm sure. The original carbs on the 260 were often regarded as problematic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am also looking to find out what it’s worth. I’ve heard that it can be with 15,000 but other people have said 5,000. It’s an automatic which I believe brings down value.
The 'flat top' carbs that came on 260s were never very good and due to their age are probably not going to hold any settings necessary for the car to run even partly well. The solution has always been to go with the previous model's carbs (probably more likely legal now to do because of the car's model year exemption) Or some other fuel/intake choice. None are cheap to do but once done will make the car run as it should. My guess is this is the reason the car was left to become little more than a give-away in the first place. Check out internet for examples and inspiration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts