ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips for me? I am restoring it and hope to put ground effects on it, still have all factory parts but the front bumper, which is from a 280z but still looks good. Engine still runs 64,000 miles on it. The radiator just went, other then that not bad for a 27 year old beast. Any tips on restoring would be helpful.

Thanks

James

·
Registered
87 Posts
The first mod i did to mine was the suspension. Get rid of the factory oil shocks and put some modern gas ones in. **** mine handles good now!! I can smoke all of the modern RX7's and EVO's on windy roads without any engine mods, cause the datsun is a thouroughbread rally car. Before you go doin that, though, get some better brakes on the front - their heavy beasts!! Everyone will tell you to jump into the engine mods - but theirs nothing wrong with a gurgling farting twin carb six, just makes the civics wonder what the **** smoked them on the freeway.
Engine mods can come later, just get the handling sorted out first.

·
Registered
167 Posts
That's good advice. Mine has 164k and still handles better than anything else I know of. When I got mine it had a few mods. The earlier SU roundtop carbs which had better flow for one, but whoever did that also put the earlier intake manifold which has less flow. As far as smoking Civics, you will if it's a five speed. The 3-spd auto has really far(apart) gears so as Aerosmith says her "get-up-and-go must have got-up-and-went". I'm still looking for an aftermarket torque convertor. The closest I got was a place in New York that would rebuild my current one for... dramatic pause... $500!!! BS!!! If anyone knows where I can find one for under $300 let me know. Jeez all I do anymore is whine about my freakin' torque convertor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.