ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy I know has a 1983 280zx turbo that I might buy. I thought that 83s had a digital dash, but this car has regular guages. The car has the original window sticker, owners manual, and warrenty card. The plate on the car shows a build date of 10/82. The vin # on the plate matches the vin # on the paper work. I'm new to z's and I don't know if this is right. My biggest problem is that the title was supposedly destroyed by a past owner. My friend bought it to part out but didn't. If I can get a salvage title I will by it. Is this a rare car? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
I got a 83 turbo parts car with analog gauges. I dont know how rare they are though. If the price is right buy it.

Justin T

·
Registered
142 Posts
YOU'LL NEED TO GO THE COURTHOSE WITH THE VIN # AND FIND THE REGISTERED OWNERS NAME ,NOT WHO HAS POSESSION OF THE CAR,AND ASK THE COURTHUSE(WERE EVER U GET REGISTRATION DONE)AND GET A TRANSFER OF TITLE PAPERS ASK THE CLERK TO HIGHLIGHT THE AREAS YOU NEED TO FILLOUT AND THE AREAS THE REGISTERED OWNER NEEDS TO FILL OUT AND BRING BACK THE PAPERS TO THE REGISTRATION AND 35.00 AND SHES YOURS AS LONG AS THE TITLE HASNT BEEN JUNKED GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'd watch out... this car could be hot for all you know. The last thing I'd do before I'd buy is get the #'s checked. If the guy wanted it for parts, he might have suspected it hot, so he thought he'd strip it, but decided to sell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.