ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Personally, I would never put 18" wheels on an '80s car that came with 15s and 16's from the factory.
First off, you'd be de-engineering the car's suspension setting, secondly, unless these wheels are very light, and they don't seem to be, you'd be making the car slower in every respect, and third, they'd look like s#!t.

·
Registered
5 Posts
look at the picture son....

They are currently on a Z(z31), and to answer your question, yes they will fit. Those are 1SickZ's wheels I believe.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would honestly love to see someone try to drift in those 18 inchers, just not in a Z, it doesn't deserve that kind of abuse haha

·
Registered
141 Posts
Haha, that was a good one dude! But you see, I don't ride a school bus, I have three Zs to take me where I want to go. That's right, an 86 Turbo, a '90 N/A and a '90 Twin Turbo, and not one of them rides on factory wheels.
Also, I'm not here trying to force my opinions or taste on anyboby, that's why I started with "personally." But you're right, Mike didn't ask, so I should have kept them to myself.
For your information I do believe that everyone should do with their cars whatever they want, and I do happen to think that you have one of the best Z31s I've seen. In fact, I had done to my Z31 some of the things that you've done to your car, and I plan on doing others, like your fuel pump installation, when I get the cell in place. Z31 is a track only car.
But I stand by my earlier "unrequested" comment. Not all wheels look good on all cars, and most big wheel upgrades are a mistake from a performance point, for reasons I'm sure you already know. ;-)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've seen the picture John, some of these cars look good, others do not. Is not my job or intention to judge anybody, but I would like to see someone try to improve my morale that way...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Well if anyones interested I've got a set of 18X8.5 rims for the road and a set of 16X8 rims for the track... nice.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
how are you doing anything to the suspension by increasing wheel size and decreasing tire size? Would you rather look like you're stuck in the '80s with wheels that are far too small for the wells?

rule of thumb is stock max plus 2 inches.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.