ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,031 Posts
You want a 0 offset, or 5" backspacing. 7" inch wheels fit okay, but 8"'s will be pushing it. There is plenty of space between the rear struts and the wheels, but the fronts are much tighter, as are the fenders.

For 8" wheels you might want to go coilovers with a slight positive offset to bring the wheel closer to the struts to free up space by the fenders.

Maybe someone on this board with 8's can help shed some light.

· Registered
3,122 Posts
You can have up to 3.5" of the rim width outboard of the wheel center and not need to flare the wheel wells. You can also go about 4" inboard of the wheel center with the stock springs. So, that means a 7.5" wide rim with 4" of backspace is about the widest you can run with the stock springs. Please note that some tires have a wide section width that might make this "rule of thumb" invalid.

- John

· Registered
470 Posts
backspacing

I am running weld draglites that are 15x8 with a 4.5" backspacing. Even with the 4.5" backspacing it easily clears the spring perch. However, you will be limited on the tire size you can run. I would think a 215-50/16 would work just fine in the front and it does not require a flare. Now, on the rear I also have a 15x8 with 4.5" backspacing and am running a 275-50/15 which is a hella-pooch and caused minor problems with spring perch clearance. However, it was nothing a 5lb sludge could not handle. I banged on the perch until I had enough clearance and it was a relatively small amount that was needed. I would think a 225-50/15 would work with no problems, but I am not sure about the fenders on the rear as I have flares on the back of my car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.