ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....anybody out there replaced their stock speedo w/a 120-160 mph speedo ?...dont want the one from motorsport (incredibly overpriced)....i'd like to use the old cable if possible....but it doesnt have to...(82zxt t-5 tranny) .....
thanks,
.......s

·
Registered
571 Posts
I recently posted about the local bone yard having a new spot for 70 to 83 z cars.
I kind of gave up in ever finding a 130 speed-o ever again, so on my first visit I didn’t bother to look. Today I took Kristine by for a peek and I sat down and said “Holly Sh#t a 130.
So we pulled the 4 screws.
Removed the steering wheel support to drop the wheel about 6 inches exposing the two Phillips holding it in. We then pulled it out unplugged that round plug then got a hand to turn the plastic thing on the speed-o. Then a soft pull and out it came. I told Kristine to check the rest of the ZX cars and found another 130 speed-o.
So as I’m finishing up with one car she was at work getting the other one.
The cost on their computer was 100 bucks each but we got them both for 100.
Being we had to many speedometers we enlisted Margo82zxt (The Z Goddess) and she has one also now. They also have a digital dash out there to if anyone is interested. When you take out a speed-o also pull the needle off the tachometer, case the speed-o needle breaks.

Does anyone know if the 280 z speed-o fits a ZX?

Madeline Michele
Hollywood, FL

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.....i bet you gals have every junkyard w/in a 300mi radius "picked clean"..... (and what you didnt take you know where its at).....isnt it wonderful when you find stuff like that....its like finding the titanic or buried treasure or something!......s

·
Registered
131 Posts
hey guys great find, i have found the 130 speedo in several pic a parts too but never pulled one because they only so you the first 99,999 miles on the them. i like the fact my speedo reads 213,452 miles on it and keep climbing up, still to this day without taking the head or pan off the engine. keep'em running strong leo

·
Registered
571 Posts
It sure is.
To find two in one place, so rare.
I was looking all year for an extra one and one for a friend and poof I get 2.
To think I told everyone about these cars and didn't bother to check the speedos the first time around.

Madeline

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.