ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has a set of four? I am weighing the options here and getting new ones is almost like asking for ice water in ****. Who can direct me to some help on this or have you got a set you would like to sell?

Ken

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Want myne?

Ken, if my deal goes through and I get those 16" i will be most happy to sell you my original 15" Turbo rims. All of them, of course! :+)

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Want myne?

What kind of time frame are we looking at?

Ken

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I was looking to run in two weeks with the BMW club with 225x60x15's. I sat out last month to gather some dollars, don't know if I can bear to sit out this months assault on the cones. But I still may be interested. Keep me posted.

Ken

·
Registered
107,695 Posts

Ken,
You know that the stock turbo rims are not 7" wide don't you? I was also told that the 225/60's may rub on the front struts with the stock rims, they seem to work fine on the back on mine with my aftermarket 15x7's, but I have 205/60 on the front.
I have 225/50 Kuhmo's that I AutoX that don't rub in the front, but I can't even get my little finger between the strut housing and the tire. I can't wait for the season to start next weekend either, I'm Jonesing to run. Got a 1st and 2nd in the winter season (old R1's and new Kuhmo's), pictures of my 1st are on AUTOX.Net.

Have Fun!!!!!!

Russel 83ZXT

P.S. Is you car a coupe or 2+2?????

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2+2

Mines a 2+2 Yeah the fit is tight in the front. I have the stock 14" rims now with 215 60s and there is very little room. Problem is no one offers a decent tire in that size. It's all 205 or 225.

Ken

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE:Checked

Guy's,
I checked them at lunch and it was no help at all, J6x15-10, I don't know?!?!. when I ordered my tires from Tire Rack they said it was 6 or 6.5 I don't remember. Ken all know is if you want wheels that you know will fit you ZX then get Eugene's or some other stock 15", they will work with 225/50's I'm sure..... and don't forget the funky lug nuts.

Russel 83ZXT

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Discount Tire

..has three different styles to choose from, but they are special order. $140 per rim. The Discount Tire at Lemmon and Inwood in Dallas knew I was an Autocrosser by what I wanted, "..this is for racing right?" I was impressed since I've been to two Discount Tire Stores already that would look at me like l had a third eye or something. Very sad to say that finding wheels for a Z can be such a pain.

Ken

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ken

Ken...
Where 'bouts in dallas do you live. I live in mesquite and would like to find out what the three rims are..what make. I am thinking that I could order a set of weld wheels (drag lites). They seem to make all sorts of odd ball size rims. Besids..they would look good on a Z car.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ewan

I live in South Arlington but work in Richardson.....it's a bitch of a drive but what can you do.

The guy at Discount that I talked to was Allen their number is 214-520-1566. They are at Lemmon and Inwood.

Ken

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.