ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

13.0 sec. NA '85, street show/race

346 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  AZ_ZBum 
#1 ·
I know this should be in the classified section, but many here in the past have shown interest in this car, so I'm letting them know it's now on Ebay... Even if you're not looking for another Z, you'll get a kick out of this one!

This is a street legal (Florida) NA '85 300ZX that was purpose built for the national Grassroots Motorsports Challenges. The Challenge takes drag, autocross, and concourse/show scores to determine the winner. It is the undefeated class champion for 4 years in the under 1K class. While only 1K was spent on parts, there is well over 1,500 hours of labor to create this one-of-a-kind show and race winning 300ZX. This car could be competitive/fun for drifting, drags, and autocross due to the high HP potential, light weight 2,250lbs, and RWD. It is also a show stopper due to the custom work- front nose/lights, reverse opening hood, custom intake, and a lot of powdercoating; overall Best under hood award at the Challenge. The car was featured in the Grassroots Motorsports Magazine, April, 2005; get a copy and read more on the build. The engine is the original 175,000+? mile NA VG30 with a custom intake (with a 240SX throttle body) allowing bigger shots of NOS. With a 125 shot it ran a 13.02 1/4 mile, without NOS it ran a 14.35; both with used Hoosier street radials. The rear end is welded, but a stock rear is supplied as a spare for easier driving on the street. The paint is Dodge Viper red. It looks great, but some of the body work is starting to show.

It's on Ebay at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=4546197390&category=6398&sspagename=WDVW

Feel free to contact me:
Mike Guido
Palm Bay, Florida
321-724-8812
mike@worldsfastestclown.com

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah I went and picked up the mag when I heard your Z was in it, sorry your selling her. It sure is an impressive NA Z, hope you get what you want from her.

#5 ·
Its not that NAs cant make it over 200, its that most people dont and wont because of the price to power gain issue. Its just not really worth it.

But if you just love the VG30E and want too make good power, there is a company that sells 300+HP crate engines for the VG30E, so it can make decent power.

#6 ·
most of his speed comes from the huge amounts of weight reduction the car has undergone. If you look at the pictures, there is virtually nothing left inside the car. Note it now weighs just a tad over 2200 lbs. This is 800 lbs of dead weight that has been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.