ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got my T-belt and other assorted stuff from Coz today and can't wait to get to work. I also grabed a pop charger because, well every one needs a pop changer.

I was wondering if theres any thing else i should be doing whell I have my car apart. I replaced the O2 sensors and spark plugs last year so i'm good there.

Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already pulled the 2 day cleaning frenzy when i did the UD pully. Whats all involved with the PCV valve replacement, I'm assuming its more complicated then most?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey that's what I need to do! (replace PCV valves) I'm leaking oil into my intake and out my exhaust.
Now I just have to figure out how its done...

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
How does your radiator look? Is it the OEM? It might be time to look at upgrading to an all aluminum radiator. Also, go to the Nissan dealer and get a gallon of coolant and a gallon of distilled water to replace what you drain out.

How are your painting skills? You'll have the timing covers off. You could prime and paint them, the throttle cable cover, and the balance tube.

You could re-locate the PTU. You'll need 3 lengths of wire, 1-1.5' long each, to splice in.

When were your plugs changed last? Supposedly they're good for 60K.

Post Edited (Jan 31, 1:54pm)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
no need to, as Z-CARR says (at least I did not need to): ". You'll need 3 lengths of wire, 1-1.5' long each, to splice in. "

Remove the electrical tape and when you unfold the wire underneath there is more than ample length to be able to relocate the PTU under the center panel by the POP charger.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did a little shoping around and can't belive my eyes. Courtesy Nissan wants $75 for 2 PVC vavles and all the hoses and COZ is charging over $130.

Am I missing somthing?????

Post Edited (Jan 31, 2:17pm)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I just got a quote from Coz for 5 hoses and the valves for $87 and Courtesy is about the same in price. Where did you get $130, bc my Z is a 90 NA too?

Post Edited (Jan 31, 2:45pm)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like i said i must have missed somthing. I didn't relize that the Valves came with the hose set. All is good now its still a few bucks more then courtesy but i'd rather deal with Coz

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
go by advance and get some. Thats what i did.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
The lengths of wire I used in the PTU relocation were to help the coolant sensor and temp gauge sensor plugs to reach where they needed to go. I did not unwrap any more of the stock wire bundle than I needed to. Mine is relocated on top of the drivers side air pipe that used to feed that side of the stock airbox.

Post Edited (Jan 31, 5:12pm)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.