ZCar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finalized my Thanksgiving day plans. Looks like its going to be doing the 120k job, plus, and new pads rotors and brake lines on all 4 corners. Woot!!! Yeah ok so im not actually excited. But, it will be nice to have it all done.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Sounds good! Last year I did stainless steel braided brake hoses and no rust Nik-Cad rotors up front. They've held up great.

FYI- I also rebuilt the front calipers, pretty easy - wanted to keep my OEM shells since they are painted with a highlighted Nissan logo. Ordered rebuilt calipers then swapped the pistons, dust boot and seals, returned the auto store shells and pistons for the core exchange refund.

Might want to consider a rebuild or swap - my factory original pistons weren't in great shape, but the caliper bores were still pristine.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hadnt even thought of rebuilding the calipers. I might add that to my to do list not sure.

I already have the brakes on their way and I'll probably knock them out before Thanksgiving. I knew they were going to need to be replaced soon but randomly yesterday the rear drivers side started to grind right before the car comes to a complete stop.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
One nice thing about removing the calipers before replacing the hoses... no fears in pinching the old hoses closed and damaging them since they are getting replaced. Keeps fluid leaks to a minimum while the caliper is serviced.

ps - if do decide to rebuild them be sure to get some piston lube beforehand. I used Wilwood Brake Assembly lube.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts