ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious what most people are running.

I've been running 10w30 Mobile 1 Synthetic myself. But as of last, it had developed a lifter tick, so I'm thinking I should change something.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Really depends on .......

the weather. For temps under 40 degrees I run 5wt-30. Above 40 degrees I will run 10wt-30. For the summer months that average above 60 I will run a straight 30wt. Keep in mind, TTs should NOT run any wt under 10wt unless the car is driven in VERY cold weather. I also run BG products MOA on every other oil change.
MaxDoc

Post Edited (Jan 24, 7:20am)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I live in TX and I use Mobile 1 syn 10w-30 with 212k on the OD. I have been using it for about 120k and havent had a bit of trouble with it.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I started out using Mobil 1 all synthetic, but after having an oil leak which I believe was from using the pure synthetic, I've switched to Mobil 1 Synthetic Blend. The "7500 mile" stuff. No more leaking.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
i'm only at 90K, but using mobile 1 10w30 full synthetic with no problems. Seems to work well with the high and mid temps. Takes a bit to get the oil pressure to lower when its 30 degrees overnight. But only about 1 or 2 minutes of idleing.

Post Edited (Jan 24, 12:08pm)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I have been running 10w30 Castrol Sythetic in mine and I just broke 181K. I also have some lifter tick and I am considering changing oil weights and possibly adding MMO.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I got my 90 na 3 months ago and I dont think the car ever had synthetic in it previously. There is only 60k on the car right now. A month ago I put in 3 quarts of Quaker State Advanced full syn 5w30 in it, and one quart of the 10w30, being in northern cali in the winter and all...... Car runs smooth as could be, and Im crusing to Tahoe this weekend to board so the Quaker States 5w will be put to the over 4 days of 20 degree weather.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.