ZCar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just noticed I haven't been on the forum in a LONGGGG time, glad to see everything is still humming along.

Car is a 1990, NA, 2 seater, 105,000 mi.

Last summer I had one of my rear shocks blow out, and replaced it with an OEM. The remaining ones look stock and original, and I'm wondering if I should replace the other three, probably this winter during down time. The ride feels fine, just wondering if these guys work fine right up to the end, or if there is a gradual deterioration over the years. I think the car has led a pretty quite life based on the condition of the underpans and skid plates.

Cheers!

Eric

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Always replace shocks at least in pairs - and at 105K you should do them all around.
Wow, even still having originals is amazing. All need to be done and should consider doing the springs as well.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I don't' know they are original, but they do appear to be stock. I also have a tension rod bushing that is leaking, so time for those too. While I'm in there, I think Ill check out the rest of the bushings- any others that I should pay particular attention to? I'm not planning on switching over to all polyurethane. I did that on my '73, and was not happy with the ride and increase in road noise, although i can see why some folks like the tighter ride.

cheers.

Eric

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
I guess I don't' know they are original, but they do appear to be stock. I also have a tension rod bushing that is leaking, so time for those too. While I'm in there, I think Ill check out the rest of the bushings- any others that I should pay particular attention to? I'm not planning on switching over to all polyurethane. I did that on my '73, and was not happy with the ride and increase in road noise, although i can see why some folks like the tighter ride.

cheers.

Eric
FYI...on the tension rods. I have a good condition non-adjustable set. They were used for about 2k miles at most, 3 years of so - old rods with new bushings installed. I don't drive my Z a whole lot....just nice summer days.

Send me a PM if interested.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the offer, but I have a set of oem nismo bushings on the way from CZP.

Eric

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Thanks for the offer, but I have a set of oem nismo bushings on the way from CZP.

Eric
Even better than what I have. You'll need a press to get the OEM TR bushings out. Local shop here took them out for $20. Took them maybe 15 mins.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts