ZCar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, heres the deal, Car starts fine, but sometimes wont shift into reverse or drive even manuel mode wont go, then sometimes it will but then drop out of gear and give me no acceleration, like at all and my rpms climb like theres no resistance. Voltage is **** near 16 (using the stock volt gauge is iffy) but it reads that its got power. Any ideas? I have a volt meter but am not sure how to use it to see how much is going to the tranny.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why would you mention voltage when diagnosing transmission problems?
16V is too high. 14 with the car running, 12-13.5~ with it off. Anything lower than 12v is getting low, lower than 11 like 10 to 10.9 is considered fully depleted. That said,
Check your alternator. Hopefully your ecu isn't fried.
Then fix your leaking valve cover gaskets, anything else dripping near your power supply...... And get ready shell out the money for a new transmission. But before that, take it somewhere or diy and pull the fluid, check for chunks of metal.
Your car could be limp mode or electrical issue causing the transmission issues because of that irregular voltage, so don't assume right away

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, it was the seals on the trans line cooler on the radiator. they failed, allowing coolant to get into my trans line, so new valve body a d a transmission later (plus radiator and external trans line cooler) I'm good to go no problems since

1 - 3 of 3 Posts